Hello, fellow foodies!
With Thanksgiving now just around the corner, I thought I would share with you some of my favorite/most useful websites for planning inspiration. Although I am not American, I must admit that I have fallen in love with this holiday ever since I had my first true Thanksgiving experience during my freshman year in college with my freshman roommate and her family.
1. Martha Stewart is hands down the Queen Bee of classy holiday planning. Aside from extensive menu and recipe ideas covering the full gamut of appetizers to desserts and everything in between, her website also offers tips on other event planning details such as table settings and decor, what to do with leftovers, and useful how-to guides.
2. Food Network is one of my favorite recipe repositories, complete with extensive recipe ideas and actual suggested menus. Who better to trust for great recipes than a group of all-star celebrity chefs? The roster includes Ina Garten, Bobby Flay, Tyler Florence, Giada De Laurentiis, Paula Deen, Alton Brown, Rachel Ray and many more.
3. Punchbowl is a great party planning website that not only offers party planning tips, but also allows you to order party supplies online and send chic online invites to your guests.
4. Foodie View is another great recipe search engine as well as a foodie blog that offers practical tips about managing the Thanksgiving madness.
5. Country Living offers a selection of recipes, fun party planning ideas, decorating tips and other practical information.
Happy party planning! More to come about Thanksgiving in the next few weeks, so stay tuned…
In good health,
* Image courtesy of MarthaStewart.com