…and for good reason! Not only is this the season for family, friends and lots of good food, but also the time for presents, presents and more presents. I must admit that holiday shopping has been a stressful experience for me in the past because, like most other things in my life, I’ve left it until the last minute and proceeded to drive myself crazy trying to find meaningful presents during the Christmas eve rush. Well.. not this year. I’m determined to stay on top of my holiday shopping and avoid undue stress. I’m doing surprisingly well so far (xmas gift for boyfriend: check!), but I’ll keep you posted on how long that lasts.
In the meantime, here are 15 ideas to consider if you’re gift shopping for a foodie. I hope you find useful ideas on this list, and I have tried to include a range of prices to fit different budgets. At the very least I hope it gets your gift-shopping creative juices flowing.
In good health,
1. Barefoot Contessa Cookbook Collection, $62.99 on amazon.com
Who doesn’t love some Ina Garten? Her pretty cookbook collection is full of great recipes that are suitable for everyone from seasoned foodies to inexperienced cooks.
2. The French Laundry Cookbook, $30.82 on amazon.com
I blogged about this jewel a few weeks ago (find it here) but seeing how much I loved receiving it as a gift, I definitely had to include it on this list.
3. The Weeknight Cook, $34.95 at Williams Sonoma
4. Fine Wines, $50 at Bloomingdale’s Home
This great coffee table book examines the past century’s best wine vintages from around the world…perfect for any wine lover.
5. Magazine subscription
Buy your foodie friend a year’s subscription to his/her favorite cooking magazine, such as Food Network Magazine ($18 for a one-year subscription) or one of Martha Stewart Living ($24 for 12 print issues/ $19.99 for iPad subscription)
6. Red silicone oven mitt, $14.99 by OXO at Bloomingdale’s Home
7. 5-piece bakeware set, $49.99 by Calphalon at Bed, Bath & Beyond
This set is an incredibly good deal- 5 baking basics at an amazingly low price.
8. Electric cheese grater, $50 by Cuisinart at Bloomingdale’s Home
9. Pestle and mortar, approx. $95 by Nuance at Heals.co.uk
10. Rotating spice rack, $200 by Nambé at nambe.com
11. Scoop server, $250 by Nambé at nambe.com
This chic bowl has been one of my favorites since the summer, when I helped a friend pick it out as a wedding present for his cousin. Keep your chips & dip cozy together, or virtually any other pairing of food such as soup and croutons or salad and dressing.
12. Wine rack, $225 by Nambé at nambe.com
Another beauty from one of my favorite houseware brands, Nambé. Transform your wine bottles into an art statement with this stylish rack.
13. Doughnut mix from Bouchon Bakery -$12.95 by Bouchon Bakery at Williams Sonoma
14. Panettone, $39.95 by Scarpato at Williams Sonoma
Bring a little bit of Italy to someone’s home with this Milanese Christmas classic.
15. Cabernet Trio gift set, $69.99 at wine.com